This course has been developed to provide you with an understanding of workplace violence and aggression in healthcare and the associated risks, what to do during an incident, and steps that can prevent and minimise violence and aggression.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- the nature of workplace violence and aggression in healthcare settings, including prevalence, scope and cost
- the associated legal and policy frameworks concerning violence and aggression in healthcare settings
- steps you can take to prepare for and prevent incidents of violence or aggression, including the environment-situational-patient (ESP) risk assessment framework
- the assault cycle
- steps you can take to manage a person progressing through each phase of the assault cycle
- things you can do to help manage violent individuals, and
- the key responsibilities of employees and employers in the event of an incident.
The course features:
- Adaptics – Kineo’s ‘smart technology’
- Mobile responsive
- professional audio
- animation and interactivity
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility
- assessments, and
- a certificate of completion.
This course is suitable for professionals who work in health care.